Monday, September 5, 2011

Chicken Adobo

Since working at my current employer, I've encountered numerous Filipino cooks who've exposed me to this yummy dish!  It seems to always be different depending on the chef, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  This recipe called for 3 whole bay leaf, but I think next time I'd go with just one, maybe even a half.  I also added a little sugar to the original recipe since I've heard that's what some people do.  Recipe off Foodnetwork.com.

Filipino Chicken Adobo


Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Cover and marinate chicken for 1-3 hours. Bring to boil, then lower heat. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened, and chicken is tender, about 20 more minutes. Serve with steamed rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment