Monday, September 5, 2011

Brazilian-style Kabobs

Although I've never had the famed Brazilian sticks of meat at a restaurant, I decided to try my hand at them.  Pretty simple--marinate your meat and put it on a stick with bacon.  Unfortunately my grill was down that night so I used a cast iron pan.  Next time I want to get that nice brown outside from the grill.  Recipe off cookbrazil.com

Brazilian-style Kabobs




1 lb of beef tenderloin
2 tbs of olive oil
2 tbs of lemon juice
2 tbs of chopped onion
½ lb bacon
16 wood skewers
Salt and ground pepper



Cut beef tenderloin into ¾ inch cubes.
Marinate in olive oil, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper for 2 hours.
Soak wood skewers in water for 2 hours.
Cut bacon in squares and assemble alternating bacon and beef squares on skewers.
Grill as usual.
 
SERVE:
 
Traditionally, Brazilians roll kabobs over manioc flour (farofa) after cooked and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment