Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Radish and Apple Salad

Since one of the interesting veggies that showed up in our organic produce box were radishes, I've been searching for a fun way to prepare them. I found this recipe on www.honestvanilla.com and changed out the spinach for red leaf lettuce, which was also in the organic loot. This turned out so crisp and fresh! Really yummy and convinced me hey, I think I like radishes!


Radish and Apple Salad

  • A handful of cherry radishes, thinly sliced
  • A bunch of baby spinach, rinsed
  • 1 red apple, thinly sliced
  • ½ a lemon
  • 1 tbs honey
  • 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
  1. Toss spinach, radish and apple slices in a bowl
  2. Squeeze lemon juice over the mix
  3. Drizzle honey and olive oil
  4. Toss again to ensure everything is well coated
  5. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste

1 comment:

  1. Looks DeLISH!! Can't wait to try it
    Van Cortlandt

    ReplyDelete