Sunday, June 5, 2011

Beef and Fresh Veggie Soup

I made this recipe up with what I had on hand. And I had some GREAT veggies on hand since I signed up to get local organic produce delivered to my doorstep. A friend from work also gave me some spicy oregano which she had grown and dried--it made the perfect seasoning! The soup turned out delicious. I'd never tried turnips, but they worked well in the soup.

Beef and Fresh Veggie Soup

1 1/2 lb. ground beef
12 c water
salt and pepper to taste
2 T Better than Beef Bouillon
2 T Better than Chicken Bouillon
1 can tomato paste
3 cloves garlic minced
3 turnips, peeled and diced
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 ears of corn, kernels sliced off
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
small bunch of diced broccoli rabe rapini, fibrous stems removed
1 baby bok choy, diced
about 3 T fresh dried spicy oregano (probably 1 T equivalent from jar)
2 cups or a small bag of tiny pasta shells

Brown ground beef in pot with garlic. Add remaining ingredients except pasta. Bring to a boil, simmer for about an hour and add in pasta shells. Cook an additional 10 minutes or per package directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment