Monday, May 2, 2011

Snickerdoodles

I found this recipe on a blog I like to follow, mynameissnickerdoodle.com. The cookies turned out great--flaky and light--and were super easy to whip up. And special thanks to my sister for the b-day gift, some colorful dishes to display my goodies on! She was getting tired of seeing the same blue and white dishes on my blog all the time :)


Snickerdoodles

1/2 cups butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar

2 eggs
2 tsp cream of tartar

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

2 3/4 - 3 cups flour

2 TBSP sugar

2 tsp cinnamon

In a small bowl mix together 2 TBSP sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. Cream together butter, shortening and sugar. Add in eggs and beat well. Mix in remaining ingredients. Roll dough into small balls and roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I think snickerdoodles are classics! Next to choc chip they are the 57 chevy of cookies.

    ReplyDelete