Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chicken Saute with Carmelized Ginger Sauce

I want to say I found this recipe on Cookinglight.com, but I'm not for sure. It's one of my old standby's and I go back to it often. Really an easy and tasty stir-fry style dish and you can adjust the heat on it (chile paste with garlic) to your liking.

Chicken Saute with Carmelized Ginger Sauce

1 T canola oil
2 T sugar
1 1/2 T soy sauce
1 t chile paste with garlic
1 t grated fresh ginger
3/4 c chicken broth
1 t sesame oil
4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 t salt

Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add sugar to pan; cook 1 min or until sugar dissolves and is lightly browned. Combine soy sauce, chile paste, and ginger in a small bowl; add to pan. Add chicken broth, sesame oil, and chicken to pan SLOWLY. It will sizzle. Cook 10 min or until chicken is done. Let simmer until sauce is thick. Season evenly with salt and pepper. Serve with jasmine rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment