Saturday, February 4, 2012

Udon Noodles with Spicy Ground Pork

I was in the mood for a new ground pork recipe and the Udon noodles caught my eye.  Recipe off www.smokywok.com.  These turned out fantastic.  So easy and so tasty.  I just loved them and will definitely be making this dish again.  I edited the original recipe just a bit based on what I had on hand and that posted below reflects my changes.  Awesome Asian dish with just the right amount of spice!


Udon Noodles with Spicy Ground Pork
Ingredients:

1 packet of udon noodles
oil for pan frying
1/2 pound of ground pork
2 stalks green onions, sliced
3 stalks of boy choy - boil separately
3 red chilli peppers
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced

Seasonings:
2 tbsps dark soy sauce
dashes of hot chili sesame oil to taste
1 T sugar
  
First, boil the noodles according to package instructions. I ran my noodles under some cold water to lessen the starchiness. Next, heat about 2 T of oil in your wok or pan. Add the minced garlic, shallots, red chillis and green onions and saute on low heat till fragrant. Add the ground pork and stir around briskly. Pour in the seasoning ingredients and stir-fry till cooked. Finally, add in the cooked noodles and stir-around to coat evenly or dish the pork mixture on top.   Serve with a side of steamed bok choy (salt and pepper to taste).

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete